A very recent update on the U.S. Consulate, Hyderabad’s website indicates that applicants applying for H/L visas should submit the documents listed below, at least four working days prior to the date of interview. These documents should be submitted at the VFS office located at Hyderabad and not to the consulate directly. The documents include:
- Copy of biographic and other pages of applicant’s passport which carries any observation;
- Confirmation page generated on the CEAC website to evidence submission of form DS-160;
- One recent passport style color photograph taken on plain white background – size should be 50mm x 50mm; It may be noted that previously, the photgraph once submitted along with DS-160 online was not required at the consulate;
- Copy of visa appointment letter generated after scheduling interview using the VFS system;
- Copy of I-797 approval notice;
- Copy of cover letter submitted by the petitioner to the USCIS;
- Copy of letter from client if working at client location OR detailed description of internal project – whichever is applicable;
- Copy of experience certificates;
- If applying for a H-4 or L-2, then the website indicates that a copy of the principal’s I-797 along with a copy of visa is to be submitted.
It may be good to carry a copy of the education credentials of H1-B beneficiary as well. The update also indicates that the original documents will have to be carried at the time of interview. This update can be viewed by clicking here.